- Don’t take this route again using the M10 threaded section as a basis for concentricity. If going to machine on lathe, start with concentric mold before laminating / machining. Don’t rely on staightness M10 threaded section which can get close but slightly off straight M10 threaded section will result in a significant wobble in the middle when put in the lathe. Machine mold in lathe prior to lay-up. Don’t use central threaded section as this is not concentric. At half length this will show in eccentricity.
- With gore pattern, no overlap on both sides (curls into each other). <1/2 diameter.
- Use long GF tow to compress GF lay-up especially near tip.
- Check usage of weefsel improves at tip over the stiff keeperweefsel.
- Sand coat: 4ml – base / 2ml – harder / 0,5gr glass bubbles (1 teaspoon) / 0,18gr aerosil (1/2 a teaspoon).
- Laminating – 2,5hr nett.
4/2g = 6gr epoxy. 1 flat teaspoon chopped fibers.
20/10 = 30gr epoxy. 5 teaspoons glass bubbles, 1 tea spoon aerosil. Thickness of paint. Doesn’t wet out fully but 90% OK.
Epoxy use: 6x 60gr epoxy batches = 360gr epoxy in total. 5x 60gr batches for 12 gores and 1x 60gr for cylindrical cloth piece.