GIGA IV – Head end ignition
- Stainless steel head end igniter body from the GIGA III flight was re-furbished.
- For high altitude ignition the fuse head igniter was dipped in a slurry of BKNO3 viton aceton and left to dry.
- 3gr RIO/CuO/Mg thermite charge in heat shrink tubing as initial igniter.
- Booster ignition charge on top of monolithic grain consiting of 8gr plain APCP shaving and another 8gr of RIO/CuO/Mg thermite.
- Followed exact same design as used on GIGA III: https://www.verticallimits.nl/?p=6309