On 20.09.2018 we tested 3 motors of which the monolithic moonburner was my own and a monolithic finned core / star grain was a joint venture with LD. The moonburner burn was succesful and the thrust curve spot on according to Bursim simulations. At the end of the burn there seems some off-center thrust. Upon post firing inspection it
Tag Archives: moonburner
To cope with the extended exposure to hot gases due to the moonburner grain configuration I decided to apply additional phenolic protection on the inside of the liner. Rather than adding a full length casting tube I decided to cut the casting tube in two pieces and applied an additional layer of phenolic near the core
This post is used as a repository. Pictures are pretty self explanatory. Off set core 17,5mm.